Accountant – Bristol | Worktribe
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Type: Permanent Part Time
Apply by 28th June 2019
Starting date: ASAP
Worktribe is a successful, friendly and fast-growing B2B SaaS company that makes and supports enterprise systems for universities. We have a reputation for quality software with an intuitive UI, and a quickly expanding customer base.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Accountant to manage our company accounts and join our growing business.
This is a busy and varied role, and we are looking for a skilled Accountant to manage our day to day bookkeeping and accounts, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Day to day duties include ensuring legal requirements compliance, processing accounts payable and receivable and managing invoices and tax payments.
Our ideal candidate holds an IAB or AAT Level 4 qualification or above and is familiar with cloud accounting software packages, such as Xero, Freeagent and Quickbooks.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
We are initially looking for someone for flexible hours, involving a minimum of 1 day per week in the office, plus additional hours on retainer as required to answer queries.
We are also looking to move our current accounting software over to Xero, so the ideal candidate will need to perform a full accounts review and internal audit to start with, and move us over to Xero if deemed appropriate.
For the right candidate this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the continued success of our business. You will be joining an excellent team in a dynamic but relaxed working environment.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
- Day to day bookkeeping via cloud-based software, including reconciliation of company credit card expenditure (and storage of receipts)
- Month end reports
- Cash forecasting
- Filing VAT returns and liaising with HMRC
- Preparing and processing monthly payroll and year end employee returns, including NI and pension contributions
- Handle accounts payable and account receivable and prepare financial statements and wages
- Prepare the balance sheet, income and cash flow statements that make up the financial statements (via software)
- Prepare internal management accounting information to support strategy and performance
- Ensure the books and records are maintained according to business and legal requirements
- Receiving and processing invoices for payment
- Managing supplier payments
- Managing and paying employee expenses and receipts
- Managing the purchase ledger
- Any ad-hoc accounts queries
Skills / Experience
- Experience in working with Cloud-based accounting software (Xero, Freeagent, Quickbooks, Sage)
- ‘Making Tax Digital’ experienced
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working within a similar role
- IAB or level 4 AAT qualifications are highly desirable
- Strong systems skills are a must, particularly – Microsoft Excel, MS Office
- Payroll experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
The ideal candidate;
- Is a proactive self-starter with experience in managing accounts
- Has an informal, friendly style to match our company culture
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email us ASAP with your CV or similar (with the subject line “Accountant | Your Name”) by 28th June 2019.
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
We are committed to equal opportunities
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.