DevOps Engineer – Nottingham
Role: DevOps Engineer
Type: Full Time
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Worktribe are a successful, friendly and fast-growing SaaS company providing a market-leading cloud-based research and teaching platform for universities. We design powerful, intuitive software that transforms higher education by promoting greater collaboration, efficiency and transparency.
We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps engineer to augment our fast growing Nottingham team. You will be joining the business at a very exciting time and will play an integral part in our development operations.
The successful candidate will be someone who can juggle on-call incident response and management along with day to day monitoring and infrastructure planning, testing and development. You will be familiar with modern frameworks and be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and improving the running of backend infrastructure.
Based in our Nottingham office and reporting directly to the Head of DevOps, you’ll be responsible for providing centralised, end-to-end management of cloud platforms, security, and operations and liaising closely with the development team. You’ll also be responsible for building and maintaining internal tools used by our development and implementation teams.
- Strong Linux sysadmin skills (particularly Ubuntu / Debian flavours)
- Automated Provisioning (e.g. chef / puppet / ansible)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security practices
- Solid scripting skills (bash / ruby / python / php / powershell)
- Version control: Git / Github
- 3 years experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience monitoring SaaS systems running in the cloud
- Wide knowledge of operating system administration, programming languages, cloud platform deployment and networking
- Flexibility to perform out of hours tasks if required
- Problem solving
The ideal candidate also has:
- VMWare ideally including NSX
- AWS experience
- Vagrant provisioning
- Redundancy and scaling in cloud deployment
Worktribe is keen to improve the diversity of its workforce and actively encourage women and other under-represented groups to apply for this position.
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email us with your CV or similar (with the subject line “DevOps Engineer” | Your Name”).
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
We are committed to equal opportunities
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.