Office Manager – Bristol – Worktribe
Worktribe is a successful, friendly, and fast-growing SaaS ed-tech company providing a market-leading cloud-based research and teaching platform for universities. We design powerful, intuitive software that transforms higher education by promoting greater collaboration, efficiency, and transparency. www.worktribe.com
We are trailblazers – if you stick with what is ‘normal’ or ‘expected’, you’ll never be exceptional. We challenge ourselves to be different; to stay ahead of the pack, exploring the unknown and creating our own path.
We listen – being part of the higher education community is paramount to what we do. Listening to you means that our products and services are always one step ahead of the shifting demands of higher education management.
We are human – brilliant, friendly and knowledgeable people are at the root of every- thing we do – both our staff and our clients. We embrace quirkiness, value honesty and always try to inject a little fun in everything we do.
We stand up for what we believe in – we’re confident in what we do and the way that we do it. We’re not afraid to challenge the corporate ‘big boys’ and prove that size really doesn’t matter.
We are seeking an experienced, friendly and motivated Office Manager to join our Bristol based team. You will be joining the business at a very exciting time and will play an integral part in its further growth and expansion. This is a standalone role which reports to the COO and will entail managing many aspects of company administration such as people co-ordination and recruitment, management of our central Bristol office, arranging travel and accommodation and staff events, and assisting with legal and insurance matters. The role will also entail some PA work for the COO such as diary bookings and dealing with confidential matters.
People Co-ordination (‘HR’)
- Recruitment administration including arranging Job Descriptions, job advertising, helping to select candidates and arranging interviews. Liaising with candidates and line managers throughout the whole recruitment process
- Arranging offer letters and staff contracts as well as contractor agreements
- Welcoming and onboarding new staff (first day and beyond) and ensuring an induction plan is in place.
- Be responsible for internal HR communications and ensure the HR system (Employment Hero) is maintained and kept up to date with staff data.
- Liaising with external HR specialist.
- Administering and approval of ‘Worktribe Academy’ staff training requests.
- Keeping Staff Handbook up to date and monitoring for relevant employment statute in conjunction with the HR specialist.
- Ensuring staff benefits are communicated and administered.
- Managing any interns or work experience.
- Liaising with landlord concerning office including renewals and space requirements.
- Managing staff access to premises including bike sheds and car park.
- Communicating office matters to staff
- Booking meeting rooms upon request at various office properties.
- Managing provision of fruit, snacks, coffee and milk.
- Ensuring office is clean and tidy and rubbish free. Water the plants!
- Procurement/purchasing of office requisites – stationery, peripherals equipment etc.
- Ensure best ergonomic arrangement and comfort of staff at workstations.
- Manage own company credit card for company purchasing and bookings.
- Ensure space for remote workers on occasion, booking additional space if required.
- Manage post and redirection service and our external storage facility
- Procurement of technical equipment including laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Maintaining fixed asset register and correctly recording location and serial numbers.
- Arranging disposal/resell/donation of old equipment.
- Ensuring adherence to asset purchasing policy.
Travel & Accommodation
- Arrange rail, air travel and accommodation as well as major overseas trips on occasion.
- Assist staff with visa applications.
- Plan annual summer and Christmas events and bi-monthly staff breakfasts. This may involve venue search, booking, booking accommodation for remote staff, managing menu choices and some travel arrangements for remote workers.
- Booking out diaries and communicating all arrangements for above and answering a steady stream of enquiries from venues and staff.
- Deal with requests for staff conferences, team-events and staff team entertainment and make bookings as necessary. Liaise with team members and Heads.
- Be on hand to help out with external customer events if required in conjunction with Marketing and Client Partnership team.
- Manage staff event budgets and costs.
Legal & Insurance
- As well as arranging staff and contractor contracts, be responsible for NDAs and minor legal items and agreements and assist sales staff with arranging contract signatures.
- Liaise with external consultant lawyer where required.
- Assist with any overseas projects – be prepared to assist with company set up, legal entity and employment law requirements of local governing district.
- Complete extensive annual insurance questionnaire (around August) and arrange renewal (Cyber, Professional Indemnity, Premises, Travel, Public & Products Liability, Directors’ and Officers’ Liability with relevant excesses).
- Communicate payments schedule to Finance Manager.
Personal Assistant to COO
- Occasionally manage diary and make internal bookings.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Other adhoc requests.
ISO (experience dependent)
- Administration of bi-annual ISO audits and ensuring all schedules and internal audits up to date in conjunction with COO and CIO.
- Arranging meetings with external ISO consultant on run up to audits to ensure previous audit actions are complete and any other improvements are in place.
- Review regularly
- Preferably educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level
- Highly organized, friendly and a great communicator
- HR qualifications would be a bonus but not mandatory
- A working knowledge of HR systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent Microsoft Office & Google Docs skills
- Ideally First Aid/Fire Warden trained and be able to manage risks.
- Proven ability to cover off tasks to given deadlines.
Location and Travel:
- The successful candidate will be based at our office in Central Bristol.
- We are currently operating a hybrid working arrangement with office attendance required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Requirements may flex with changing business needs and external factors.
- 5% pension contribution
- Individual annual learning budgets
- Latest tech equipment
- Free fruit & snacks
- Team breakfasts & random social events
- Regular staff events, get-togethers and celebrations
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support mental health.
- Free eye tests
- Opportunity to volunteer and take part in fundraising events with our charity partner Frank Water
How to Apply
Please email your CV for the attention of James Brook to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a covering letter detailing how you are suitable for this role. Please note that we are only accepting applications from candidates who have the Right to Work in the UK. Kindly do not apply if you do not fulfil these criteria, or if you are not comfortable commuting to our Bristol Office.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
We are committed to equal opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and all applications will receive consideration without regard to colour, race, age, disability, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Our work connects diverse institutions and we want to reflect that in our workplace. We actively embrace people’s individual spirit and recognise that a diverse team makes a strong team.