Success Manager – Bristol
Role: Success Manager
Type: Full Time
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Benefits
Worktribe is a successful, friendly and fast-growing SaaS company providing a market-leading cloud-based research and teaching platform for universities. We design powerful, intuitive software that transforms higher education by promoting greater collaboration, efficiency and transparency.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Success Manager to join our expanding, affable team. You will be joining the business at a very exciting time and will play an integral part in its further growth and expansion.
The successful candidate will be someone who champions customer success and is proactive in all aspects of account management. You are exceptionally talented at developing and nurturing strong working relationships with existing clients at all levels of the organisation, and senior sector stakeholders within the UK higher education market.
You’ll be responsible for referring new business opportunities across our client base, and focusing on existing customer strategic engagement for retention and cross-sell revenue growth. You will work closely with our Research & Curriculum sales team to meet the ongoing demand for Worktribe’s products across the sector.
Importantly you will also be a key driver for improvements in our customer success at all strategic levels, in order to improve client experience and further solidify Worktribe’s reputation for delivery and client-led product development. You will be responsible for managing a continuous improvement programme for all our clients.
You will balance holding regular, virtual and face to face contact with our client base, with the support of the sales, implementation and/or product teams as appropriate. There is potential to expand the success team in future.
The role is based in our Bristol office, but you’ll travel to our client bases across the UK when required.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience successfully managing customer accounts and success at a senior level, ideally from a similar industry; higher education, SaaS
- Outstanding track record of achieving targets and driving year on year increasing cross sales growth in a business
- Experience of inputting on and delivering customer success strategies, in liaison with other business functions to drive growth within new and existing accounts across UK territory
- Commercially savvy, with strong business acumen and understanding of the sales & success cycles
- Flexibility to react quickly to changing market conditions
- Monitor key performance indicator (KPI’s) for the success business function, sharing best practice of sales techniques & account management strategies with peers and direct reports
- Strong team working skills, across multiple business functions
- Passion for customer success and engagement, and proven ability to build and maintain key client relationships
- Equally at home at high level meetings with senior stakeholders (up to Director/C-Suite/VP level) and liaising with more junior level stakeholders with day to day accounts issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills; with key strengths in listening, negotiation and presentation
- Excellent communicator; strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations
- Ability to pick up complex software products quickly from a functional as well as technical perspective
- Aptitude to understand large hierarchical organisations, and how to manage influence and relationships within them
- Proven skill in understanding the competitor landscape
- Take ownership of internal success training and career development plans
- Capability to execute success strategies, measure performance and be accountable for results to executive management
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with HEI’s and knowledge of the HE market & competitors
- SaaS industry experience
- Experience of managing others and/or matrix management
- A degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field
Location and Travel
- The role will involve extensive travel, mainly for UK client site visits
- The successful candidate will be based 2-3 days per week in the Bristol office
- As this is a new role, this requirement may flex with changing business needs
This is a newly created role within the company, offering an exciting challenge to the right candidate with plenty of scope to grow and make the role your own.
Worktribe is keen to improve the diversity of its workforce and actively encourage women and other under-represented groups to apply for this position.
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email us with your CV or similar (with the subject line “Success Manager” | Your Name”).
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
We are committed to equal opportunities
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.