Friendly. Knowledgeable. Sincere.
Does that sound like you?
It’s an exciting time to join Worktribe. We’re a growing business with a rapidly increasing customer-base and constantly evolving software products.
We are always looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team. And we’re well known in the sector for our friendliness and sincerity – so we want to keep it that way!
Of course, we’re committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Here are a couple of the attributes that we think are essential if you want to join our tribe…
Great communications skills.
A positive attitude.
Product Owner (Curriculum) - Bristol
Salary: £45k+ PA negotiable dependent on experience
Location: Bristol (preferred)
Type: Permanent Full Time
Starting date: ASAP
Worktribe is a successful, dynamic, growing, friendly SaaS company that makes and supports our own enterprise systems for universities.
We have a reputation for quality software with an intuitive UI. With a rapidly-increasing customer base, we are adding to our growing team with an exciting opportunity for an exciting opportunity for an experienced, resourceful Product Owner at our Bristol office.
You will be responsible for the ownership of our Curriculum Management product, in a fast-paced environment and drive data led decision making into the delivery teams. You will be confident and adept at managing the full product lifecycle, and be responsible for producing documentation for the implementation and sales teams. Great user experience is at the forefront of our business and so you should be focussed on delivering the most intuitive UX possible. You must have experience in working with development teams and be able to prioritise backlogs of work. Business analysis is a core component of the role, and as such you must have an analytical mind and pay high attention to detail. You will ideally have experience of working on software products for the higher education market.
We expect our Product Owners to build strong relationships with market stakeholders, benchmark against external trends whilst gaining insight from client user groups and forums – all feeding into the roadmap and continuing the evolution of our product suite. You must have strong stakeholder management and be able to engage with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Our ideal candidate must be a flexible, confident self-starter, an adept problem solver, some who enjoys a challenge and importantly be very comfortable with change!
The role may also expand into responsibilities for driving and defining the launch of new products and services within our company. As such we’re looking for somebody who has a solid grasp on business & marketing strategy and development methodologies in order to deliver high-quality product(s) to increase company revenue.
You would be joining an excellent team and working environment, with the chance to make a real impact at a rapidly expanding company. This role will involve an element of travel where required.
- Management of product lifecycle.
- Ownership of product voice and vision.
- Ensure product aligns with company mission and goals.
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks.
- Develop product roadmap.
- Produce product documentation (including user guides, release notes).
- Consolidate data into necessary product requirements.
- Establish product initiatives to align with business goals.
- Collaborate with product dev team and platform architects to establish timeline workflows and goals.
- Evaluate available client and market data for product strategy and development work.
- Presenting your product to internal & external stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment with our ISO27001 policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Three years previous experience as a product owner, business analyst, or in a related field.
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Solid business analysis skills, such as requirements gathering, prioritisation.
- Good understanding of software development processes, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Able to build strong working relationships with clients, developers, implementors, testers and senior management.
- Comfortable demoing products to internal and external stakeholders as/when required.
- Adept at working with both technical and non-technical teams across the UK.
- Ability to balance and champion business, brand and customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions.
- Passionate about the web, technology and customer experience.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Prior experience in SaaS.
- Education sector experience.
- Project management skills.
- Broad knowledge of administration systems, platforms and HE.
- Certification for Product Ownership.
The ideal candidate:
- Is responsible, proactive, dedicated and comfortable owning projects.
- An informal, friendly style to match our company culture.
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email us with your CV or similar.
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
Think you could fit in?
We’re always looking for bright, creative and hardworking individuals to join our team, so even if there isn’t a role here that suits you – we’d love to hear from you.
Send us your CV, video, or whatever you think will best explain what you will bring to our team, and we’ll be in touch.