Friendly. Knowledgeable. Sincere.
Does that sound like you?
It’s an exciting time to join Worktribe. We’re a growing business with a rapidly increasing customer-base and constantly evolving software products.
We are always looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team. And we’re well known in the sector for our friendliness and sincerity – so we want to keep it that way!
Of course, we’re committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Here are a couple of the attributes that we think are essential if you want to join our tribe…
Great communications skills.
A positive attitude.
Bid Writer (Bristol or Home-based)
Salary: £negotiable dependent on experience
Location: Bristol / Home-based
Type: Permanent Full Time
Apply by 5pm 31st March 2019
Starting date: ASAP
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Bid Writer to help us continue winning new business and growing our client base. Could you become an integral part of our team, writing compelling, concise and coherent bids, including tenders, PQQs and proposals?
Fundamentally, our bids need to be written clearly and accurately, and submitted on time. You will need to manage and keep track of perhaps 20 or 30 documents for a typical tender, and shepherd them through the review and finalisation process – so an organised approach is also needed. Experience of writing bids for HE SaaS tenders & knowledge of the relevant procurement processes & scoring methodologies, is preferable.
The role requires getting to grips with sizeable software applications and describing them clearly and accurately. Some ability to master technical jargon is also needed.
As you’ll see from the responsibilities and requirements of the winning candidate listed below, the role is not just for anyone! For the right individual, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the continued success of our business. You will be joining an excellent team in a dynamic but relaxed working environment, with the chance to make a real impact at a rapidly expanding company. Initial training will be office-based in Central Bristol, with flexibility to work from office or home once trained. Full training will be provided by a highly skilled bid writer.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
- Transforming technical and operational information into clear, concise and meaningful proposal documentation with support from the Sales and Operational Teams
- Ensuring all submissions of Requests for Information (RFIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs) are accurate, fully complete and submitted within the required timescales
- Keeping up to date with project-specific case studies
- Liaising with operational team to ensure they are briefed on the details of tenders
- Proof reading and adjusting content provided by others where necessary
- Maintaining document management and version control for tender related and other product documentation
- Using a writing style that reflects Worktribe; informal but informative; re-working existing written content where relevant
- Supporting creation and maintenance of other written materials as required
- Oversight and responsibility for delivery of the entire bid process, from receipt of documentation through to bid submission.
Skills / Experience
- Able to gather and assimilate information from a variety of sources and document and describe software functionality to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability see tasks through to completion, working as part of a team.
- A keen and practical organiser; able to keep track of many parts to a bid (set up a Tracker and keep it updated), looking ahead and managing potential bottlenecks.
- A completer/finisher that works to deadline and delivers on time
- Experience writing bids, preferably within or for an enterprise software provider
- An analytical mind that can read an ITT document pack and quickly work out what is required in order to respond (i.e. the documents to submit, and the format for each)
- Highly articulate (i.e. can explain things clearly) and literate (good grammar, spelling, punctuation, simple readable style)
- IT literacy – the ability to assimilate new software products and functionality with minimal or no guidance. Can be trusted to have full ‘super-user’ authority in a system.
- Technical skills include proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet packages such as MS Office/Excel (or equivalent), Google Docs/ Sheets, etc.
- Familiar with screen capture software and ‘lightweight’ graphic or packages that can be used to create flow diagrams (e.g. using packages such PowerPoint, Gliffy or Visio).
- Familiarity with the UK Higher Education sector is advantageous but not essential
The ideal candidate;
- Is responsible, proactive, dedicated and delivery-focused
Has an informal, friendly style to match our company culture
- Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email us with your CV or similar (with the subject line "Bid Writer Role | Your Name").
Please provide examples of a winning bid, or equivalent written documentation.
Recruiters, please read our Note for recruiters.
Think you could fit in?
We’re always looking for bright, creative and hardworking individuals to join our team, so even if there isn’t a role here that suits you – we’d love to hear from you.
Send us your CV, video, or whatever you think will best explain what you will bring to our team, and we’ll be in touch.